HARYANA IRRIGATION RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (HIRMI) KURUKSHETRA
OBJECTIVES OF HIRMI
The main objectives of the Institute are:-
1. To impart training to in service personnel of Irrigation, CADA and Agriculture Departments on Irrigation Management through regular courses, workshops and seminars to improve their job performance.
2. Serving as a center for training and extension education in water resource sector to engineers, NGOs, farmers, WUA�s and agriculture officers.
3. Setting up the base for the use of information technology. .
4. To undertake experiments in various aspects of Irrigation Management. .
5. To conduct action and adoptive research on water resource management. .
6. To guide farmers/members of WUA�s through participation in Irrigation Management. . .
7. Demonstration of Drip, sprinkler & micro-sprinkler for efficient use of water at Research Farm.
8. Various types of plantation for studying for feasibility of inter cropping system. .